In this area you will find a collection of recent press releases on subjects ranging from tax tips to financial planning ideas.
March 28, 2013FICPA Announces, Congratulates 26 Under 36
- The FICPA is pleased to announce the honorees of its
26 Under 36
initiative. The goal of the
initiative was to identify and recognize FICPA members younger than 36 who have made
notable accomplishments through their service to
March 27, 2013State, FICPA Congratulate Outstanding CPA Exam Candidates, Encourage Them To Do Business In Florida
- The Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) today congratulated Brian Krogol from the University of Florida and Veronika Krasteva from the University of Miami who...
January 15, 2013State, Accounting Association Announce Winners of Video Contest to Combat Unlicensed Activity
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) today announced the winners of “The Impostulators” student video contest....
November 21, 2012Public Encouraged to Vote On Student CPA Videos
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) today encouraged the public to vote for their favorite video in a public service contest for...
June 28, 2012Scott Price to Lead State CPA Association
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) announces that effective July 1, 2012, Scott G. Price, CPA, PFS, CFF, CFE, of Odessa, will serve as the 2012-2013 FICPA Chair.
"The FICPA is proud to welcome Scott as Chair," said...
June 14, 2012Gov. Scott Streamlines CPA and Business Regulations
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Gov. Rick Scott, in his keynote address to attendees of the Mega CPE Conference this morning, emphasized the importance of streamlining regulations, permitting and other requirements in Florida’s quest to become...
June 12, 2012Gov. Rick Scott to Address Florida CPAs
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Florida Institute of CPAs (FICPA) will host Governor Rick Scott as keynote speaker at its Mega CPE Conference, Wednesday, June 13 in Tampa. Florida CPAs are required to earn 80 hours of continuing professional...
June 11, 2012Sen. Bob Graham to Address Florida CPAs
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Florida Institute of CPAs will host Florida Senator Bob Graham as keynote speaker at its Mega CPE Conference, Tuesday, June 12 in Orlando. Florida CPAs are required to earn 80 hours of continuing professional...
June 04, 2012College Residency Program Teaches Minority High School Students About Accounting, College, Business And Leadership
- The Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) will host 45 high school and state college students from across Florida during its 14th annual Minority Summer Residency Program (MSRP), to be held June 10-14 at the University of...
August 31, 2011Florida Institute of CPAs Selects New President/CEO
- The Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) announces that Deborah Curry, CPA, has been selected as its new Chief Executive Officer-Executive Director. She is scheduled to start Oct. 1.
“The FICPA is proud to welcome...
June 23, 2011Conference Highlights Ever-evolving Changes in Health Care
- A year ago, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was signed into law. Today, more than two dozen states are participating in lawsuits to overturn the Act, with Florida and Virginia succeeding. Keeping up with all of the changes and...
October 19, 2010Harold L. Monk Jr. Receives AICPA Gold Medal Award for Distinguished Service
- NEW ORLEANS – Harold L. Monk Jr., CPA, CFE, received the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ 2010 Gold Medal Award for Distinguished Service.
July 29, 2010Florida Institute of CPAs Awards Outstanding CPA in Public Service to Roshan Shikarpuri
- Roshan "Shan" Shikarpuri of Palm Harbor received the Florida Institute of CPAs' Outstanding CPA in Public Service Award.
"Shan has an affinity for all people," said Kathryn B. Anderson, CAE, FICPA CEO-Executive Director. "He is a true leader,...
July 29, 2010Florida Institute of CPAs Awards Outstanding Educator Award to Celina L. Jozsi
- Celina L. Jozsi, CPA, an accounting professor at the University of South Florida, received the Florida Institute of CPAs 2010 Outstanding Educator Award.
Jozsi, who earned her master's degree in accountancy at USF, has more than 25 years...
May 28, 2008CPAs Building Better Boards Program Can Strengthen Nonprofit Organizations
- For Immediate Release
May 15, 2008 Contact:
Jan Dobson, CAE, Sr. Dir. of Communications & Marketing
Florida Institute of CPAs
Phone (850) 224-2727, Ext. 380
E-Mail email@example.com / www.ficpa.org CPAs Building Better Boards Program...