Do you agree, disagree or have something to add about what you read? Share your feedback with your peers through the FL Industry Listserv.
Do you have any news sources that help keep you ahead? Let your peers know by e-mailing a link to the source or a specific article of interest to email@example.com.
April 10, 2013Gov. Rick Scott Signs Bill Banning Internet Sweepstakes Cafes
- Storefront operations offering slot-like video games known as Internet
sweepstakes cafés are now outlawed in the state of Florida, after Gov. Rick Scott signed HB 155 Wednesday. The law takes effect upon becoming law.
April 02, 2013Hospital Group Says New Healthcare Laws Could Create 20,000 Jobs In Florida
- South Florida would gain 20,000 health care jobs,
more than any other region in the state, if Medicaid is expanded,
according to a report released last week by University of Florida
researchers. Commissioned by the Florida Hospital Association...
April 02, 2013Bill Would Temporarily Abolish Impact Fees For Small Businesses
- Local governments across
Florida have been slashing fees charged for new development in recent
years to spark economic growth. But state leaders may go a step further
and temporarily abolish the fees altogether for small businesses under...
March 29, 2013Florida Unemployment Drops; Tampa Bay Leads State In Job Growth
- Tampa Bay led the state in new hires last month as Florida's job
market brightened, with the state's unemployment rate dipping to its
lowest point in four years. About 10,000 jobs were added locally last month, sinking Tampa Bay's
November 27, 2012Americans Continued Paring Household Debt In Third Quarter
- Americans continued cutting back on household debt in the third
quarter of the year as declining mortgage balances outpaced rising
student and auto loans, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York said Tuesday.
The data suggest that households are...
May 24, 2012Florida Outperforms As Hurricane Forecast Improves: Muni Credit
- With the Atlantic hurricane season days away, bonds of Florida’s largest real-estate insurer are rallying the most in nine months as forecasters assess a below- average chance the state will be hit by a major storm.
Buyers are demanding...