You have already accomplished so many of your personal and professional goals in life. Planned Giving is the next step, a strategic form of donating that ensures that your achievements are recognized for generations to come. Planned Giving through the FICPA Educational Foundation is a two-fold investment. It is a testament to your professional dedication and an investment in the future CPA profession.
Make a lasting impression on the profession that has had such an impact on your life. The Foundation can help you create a Legacy Gift in an amount that is ideal for you and your family.
To connect with the FICPA Educational Foundation and address your questions about starting your own planned giving campaign, please contact the FICPA Educational Foundation Development Manager, Jason Zaborske, (800) 342-3197, ext. 417; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We gratefully acknowledge our Endowments and Benefactors. Their generous investments will continue giving to the CPA profession for future generations. Each Endowment is unique - make your contribution today to help grow these specific funds.
FICPA Educational Foundation General Endowment
- A motion was made in June 2012 to change the name of the 50th Anniversary Endowment to FICPA Educational Foundation General Endowment. The income generated will be used to cover the Foundation’s operating expenses.
Douglas James Davis
- Established in Aug. 2005 by Beryl H. (Berri) Davis, CPA, in memory of her brother who, in March 2004, lost his battle with leukemia.
- "Doug faced death as he faced life…with courage and optimism. Doug was passionate about our profession. Like all of us, he recognized the importance of educating the best and the brightest to become CPAs. Together, we can leave a legacy of professional excellence. Doug Davis, a wonderful human being who devoted almost 30 years of his life to our great profession, would be very proud." - Berri Davis, CPA
- Doug Davis was an active member of the FICPA since 1979. His FICPA service includes: President of the Jacksonville Chapter, Executive Committee member while Region II Vice President, Board of Governors and Peer Review Acceptance among other committees.
- Proceeds provide one $2,000 scholarship a year to one 4th or 5th year accounting student at the University of North Florida.
Lloyd A. "Buddy" Turman Endowment
- Approved at the Nov. 2004 FICPA Educational Foundation Board of Trustees meeting and established in 2006 to honor Lloyd A. "Buddy" Turman.
- Turman joined the Institute in 1973 as its first continuing professional education administrator and served the association and the accounting profession for more than 30 years. Only three years after becoming a member, he served as the associations CEO and Executive Director for almost three decades.
- Accounting Today, a national industry publication, recognized Turman as one of the nation's 100 most influential people in accounting 10 times since the award was begun in 1993. He is a Certified Association Executive and past president of the University of Florida Alumni Association.
- Turman graduated from the University of Florida with a degree in journalism and communications and was a two-time letterman on the university's football team.
- Proceeds provide one $2,000 scholarship a year to a 4th or 5th year accounting student at Turman's alma mater, the University of Florida.
George E. Shierling Platinum Endowment
- Established in 2006* by the Board of Trustees to honor and recognize George E. Shierling's 25 years of dedication and commitment to the FICPA Educational Foundation.
- Shierling has been an active member of the FICPA since 1972 having served on the FICPA Board of Governors 9 terms in various capacities and as President of the Foundation three terms.
- Proceeds provide one $2,000 scholarship a year to one 4th or 5th year accounting student at Stetson University.
* The level of Platinum pledge was changed to Platinum Endowment in Dec. 2005 and renamed the George E. Sheiling Platinum Endowment at the June 2006 Annual Meeting.
Martin M. "Marty" Prague Endowment
- Established in Nov. 2007 by Richard J. Walsh, vice president of Darden Restaurants, to honor and recognize Martin M. "Marty" Prague for his dedication and commitment to the accounting profession.
- Prague has been an active member of the FICPA since 1972 and has been a member of the FICPA Educational Foundation Board of Trustees since 1993, serving as Foundation president in 2003-04.
- Proceeds from this endowment provide one $2,000 scholarship each year to a 4th or 5th year accounting student at the University of Central Florida.
Ben A. Stevens, Jr. Endowment
- To honor and recognize Ben A. Stevens, Jr. for his dedication and commitment to the accounting profession, this endowment was introduced at the Dec. 2007 FICPA Board of Governors meeting. Individual pledges reached the $25,000 minimum and the Agreement was signed to officially establish this endowment in 2008.
- Proceeds provide one $2,000 scholarship a year to a 4th or 5th year accounting student at Florida State University in recognition of Stevens' constant support to the school.
Orvis M. Kemp Endowment
- To honor and recognize Orvis M. Kemp for his dedication and commitment to the accounting profession, this endowment was established in 2008 by his son William Kemp with support from the FICPA Florida Keys Chapter.
- Orvis Kemp was a member of the FICPA from 1950 until he passed away in 2007.
- As one of the first practicing CPAs in Key West and Monroe County, Kemp was very supportive of the FICPA Florida Keys Chapter. For many years, he opened his home for Saturday night dinners as part of the Florida Keys Chapter Weekends.
- Proceeds provide one $2,000 scholarship a year to a 4th or 5th year accounting student at Kemp's favorite school, the University of Florida.
Gerald J. Cavanaugh Endowment
- Michael Pender, with help from members of Cavanaugh & Company CPA firm and many of Mr. Cavanaugh's clients and friends, established an endowment to honor the founder of the firm, Gerald J. Cavanaugh, in 2009. The endowment was announced in Dec. 2008 and accepted at the May 2009 FICPA Educational Foundation Board of Trustees meeting.
- Cavanaugh, a CPA in New York State and Florida, provided mentorship, inspiration and a home for many in the world of accounting.
- This endowment was created to perpetuate the legacy Cavanaugh left to the profession and to his community.
- Proceeds provide one $2,000 scholarship a year to a 4th or 5th year accounting student at the University of South Florida-Sarasota/Manatee.
FICPA North Dade South Broward Chapter Education Endowment
- Established in May 2009 by the FICPA Gold Coast Chapter and its members to provide scholarships to accounting students.
- Proceeds provide a $2,000 scholarship a year to a 4th or 5th year accounting student in Florida.
Robert R. "Bob" Harris, CPA/CFF Endowment
- Established in 2009 to honor Robert R. Harris for his dedication, leadership and commitment to the accounting profession. The Foundation began receiving pledges in June 2009 and the establishment announcement was made at the Oct. 2009 AICPA Council Breakfast honoring Harris as the incoming AICPA Chairman for 2009-10.
- In addition to serving as the 1990-91 FICPA President, Harris has served on and chaired many crucial committees of both the FICPA and AICPA.
- With the AICPA, he has served as board member and member of Council and has been selected to serve the profession and represent the state as the first AICPA Board Chairman from Florida.
- Proceeds provide one $2,000 scholarship a year to a 4th or 5th year accounting student in Florida.
John Perry Thomas, CPA Endowment
- To honor John Perry Thomas’ hard work and dedication to his family, firm and community, his colleagues and friends at Thomas Howell Ferguson PA established the John Perry Thomas, CPA Endowment. Establishing the endowment recognizes Thomas’ contributions to the profession and will help cultivate the future leaders of the profession.
- The endowment was approved by the FICPA Educational Foundation Board of Trustees in October 2010.
- Proceeds provide one $2,000 scholarship a year to a 4th or 5th year accounting student at Florida State University.
Kathryn B. Anderson, CAE Endowment
- Established in 2010 by the FICPA Educational Foundation Board of Trustees to honor and recognize Kathryn B. Anderson’s years of dedication and commitment to the FICPA Educational Foundation.
- Anderson began working for the FICPA in 1976. In 1987, she was named Executive Director of the FICPA Educational Foundation and in 1989 she was named Deputy Executive Director of the FICPA. Anderson served in those positions until she became Executive Director of the South Carolina Association of CPAs in January of 1999. Upon her return to the FICPA in 2005 as CEO-Executive Director, she also served as Secretary-Treasurer of the FICPA Educational Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Proceeds provide one $2,000 scholarship a year to a 4th or 5th year accounting student at the University of Florida.
Michael R. Pender, Jr., CPA Endowment
- The Gulf Coast Chapter of the FICPA established the Michael R. Pender, Jr., CPA Endowment to honor him as the 83rd President of the FICPA and as a devoted and involved leader in the profession. The endowment was accepted by the FICPA Educational Foundation in October 2010.
- Pender has been an active member of the FICPA since 1979. In addition to serving as President of the FICPA, he has also served on numerous FICPA committees, sections and task forces, in all officer positions in the Gulf Coast Chapter and on the AICPA Council. He has served on the FICPA Educational Foundation Board of Trustees since 2001 and as its President in 2005-2006.
- Proceeds provide one $2,000 scholarship a year to a 4th or 5th year accounting student at the University of South Florida-Sarasota-Manatee.
James Wilcox Endowment
- In 2009, the Wallace H. Coulter Foundation established a $1,000,000 Matching Grant with the FICPA Educational Foundation in memory of James Wilcox, CPA who was controller of the Coulter Foundation for many years. In 2011, the Coulter Foundation amended the agreement to establish the James Wilcox Endowment.
- Wilcox was a member of the FICPA from 1982 until his death in 2008. The endowment was established to continue Wilcox’s extraordinary passion for accounting and his commitment to opening doors to the profession, particularly for minorities.
George A. Gulisano Endowment
- In 2013 the Miami-Dade Chapter of the FICPA in conjunction with the FICPA Educational Foundation established the George A. Gulisano Endowment to honor and recognize a lifetime personal and professional achievements.
- Gulisano has been an active member of the FICPA since 1987. Gulisano served one year as a Member-at-Large on the FICPA BOG. He has been a member of the FICPA EDF BOT since November of 2009 and served as the FICPA Educational Foundation President in 2013-14. With his guidance, the Miami-Dade Chapter initiated the Ocean Reef Family Retreat to raise funds for the EDF in 2009 and was instrumental in getting the EDF to accept the Ocean Reef Family Retreat as an official event.
- Proceeds provide one $2,000 scholarship a year to a 4th or 5th year accounting student at a college or university in Florida that would not otherwise receive an EDF scholarship allocation.
The Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants' Educational Foundation, Inc. is recognized as tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION (#CH2614) AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.