The FICPA created this Women’s Leadership web page to provide Florida’s women CPAs tools, support and event notifications geared to Florida's women business leaders and up–and–comers.
Do you know of a valuable resource for women in business? Tell us about it!
Women’s Leadership Summit Presenters, Topics and Sponsors
Women to Watch Awards
Women’s Leadership Summit
This year’s Women's Leadership Summit will be held at Mega CPE Conference on June 13, 2013, at Disney's Contemporary Resort in Orlando. The summit will provide Florida business women of all industries with opportunities to network and advance their leadership skills.
Featured speakers include:
- Mary L. Bennett, Chair of the AICPA's Women's Initiatives Executive Committee
- Nan Ellen Dixon, Georgetown Instructor and former White House Peace Corps headquarters appointee
The FICPA’s 2012-2013 Chair of the Board, Scott Price, will present the Women to Watch Awards honoring women exemplifying leadership excellence in the accounting field. Then, choose an afternoon activity: come to the mall for the “Business Casual with Style” Fashion Show or grow your network with Meet Your Match.
Dress for Success Apparel Drive
Bring your nearly new apparel to donate to Dress for Success Greater Orlando. Just drop it off when checking in for the Women’s Leadership Summit at Mega CPE Conference, and we will take care of the rest. All donations collected will be donated to Dress for Success Greater Orlando, the Central Florida affiliate of the international Dress for Success organization, and will go directly toward empowering women to achieve self-sufficiency.
2013 Women's Leadership Summit Sponsors
The Florida Institute of CPAs would like to thank the Women’s Leadership Summit sponsors for their generosity and dedication in honoring women who embody outstanding leadership in the field of accountancy. With their continued support, these sponsors have given Florida’s business women opportunities to enhance and advance their leadership skills.
Interested in becoming a Women's Leadership Summit sponsor? Please contact Debra Kelly, Member Connections Manager, at (850) 224-2727, ext. 431 or by email at email@example.com
Women to Watch Awards
The Women to Watch Awards were created by the American Institute of CPAs to recognize outstanding women in accounting and are given in two categories:
- Established Leaders: A woman who has advanced to a higher level or leadership position within her profession. Titles include, but are not limited to, partner, owner, elected official or appointee, executive, etc.
- Emerging Leaders: A woman who has made significant contributions to the profession and her community, but who has not yet reached the highest levels of advancement.
Nominees must be CPAs and members of both the FICPA and the AICPA.
Congratulations to this year’s nominees.
Oxana Cardini - Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc.
Christy Casado - Deloitte & Touche LLP
Megan Diaz - Berkowitz Pollack Brant
Elizabeth Fabi-Piller - Thomas Howell Ferguson PA
Ashley Maher Fagan - KPMG
Martha Ford - Foelgner, Ronz & Straw PA
Sarah Funk - Trilogy International Partners
Rebecca King - The LBA Group
Ana Long - KPMG
Jessica Morgan - KPMG
Dalia Pearson -McGladrey LLP
Lisa Roney - Crowe Horwath LLP
Jessi Levine - Crowe Horwath LLP
Stephanie Martin - Lewis, Birch & Ricardo, LLC
Julie Baird - Moore Stephens Lovelace, PA
Anna Lopez Brosche - Ennis, Pellum & Associates, CPAs
Mary Ann Deisseroth - Averett Warmus Durkee
Loretta Fabricant - Loretta Fabricant, CPA
Cecelia Garber - Marcum LLP
Daphne Maingot -Crowe Horwath LLP
Karen Mosteller - Marham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company
Canita Gunter Peterson - Thomas Howell Ferguson PA
Andrea Riesen - Glickstein Laval Carris PA CPAs
Michelle Sanchez - Warren Averett Pender Newkirk
Lori Sims - CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
Teri Kaye - Daszkal Bolton LLP
The FICPA’s 2012-2013 Chair of the Board, Scott Price, will present the 2013 Women to Watch Awards honoring women who exemplify leadership excellence in the accounting field during the Women's Leadership Summit being held at the 2013 Mega CPE Conference on June 13, 2013, at Disney's Contemporary Resort in Orlando.
As a woman CPA in Florida, it is beneficial to stay abreast of news and development articles for and about women in leadership roles in business and in Florida. The resources listed below provide such resources.
For articles for and about women in business, visit the FICPA’s Women in Business News or check out these websites:
- Women Business Owners of North Florida – To create and recognize opportunities to lift up the successes of women in the business world, both collectively and individually.
- Business and Professional Women, FL – BPW Florida is "The Voice of Florida's Workingwomen" and can provide support, from scholarships and discounts to networking and community involvement.
- Women Owned Businesses – resource for government programs that can help women entrepreneurs
- Forbes Woman – for the woman leader in business
- Florida Women’s Business Center – in partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Women’s Business Ownership, a small business resource for professional development of women