2014-15 Student Membership is Free
For any student meeting one of the following criteria:
- A student attending a Florida accredited college or university who has declared a major in accounting and has never received a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- A graduate student, MBA, or PhD who has not yet received a CPA certificate, and/or is in the process of taking the CPA Exam. A maximum of two years in this category.
Any applicant currently working as an accountant may alternately qualify for the Associate Member category. Students must reapply once expected graduation date has expired.
membership includes chapter membership and access to FICPA Connect, but
does not include committee participation or voting rights.
Why Join the FICPA as a Student?
- Join the FICPA for FREE while you are a student! Membership will be active until your estimated graduation date at which time you will be asked to renew.
- Get access to scholarship resources.
- The FICPA Education Foundation awards over $274,000 each year in scholarships to 4th- and 5th-year accounting students.
- List your membership with the FICPA, Florida’s only statewide association committed to
the CPA profession, and boost your resume.
- Find internship opportunities online with member firms across Florida.
- Meet local CPAs by attending a chapter meeting … especially during "student nights." This is a great opportunity to interact with those who hire interns and staff.
- Join the Young CPAs Network and be part of their activities and events in your area.
Resources and Information
- Learn more about accounting careers, the CPA exam, and the CPA profession.
- Gain full access to the FICPA website, including members-only areas.
- Get the latest news from Florida CPA Today, our award-winning e-magazine, and from NewsFlash, our bi-weekly e-newsletter.
- Use FICPA Connect, our own social media platform, to stay connected with industry leaders.
- Let us guide you as you prepare for your CPA exam and work towards your CPA certificate.
- Receive discounts on CPA Exam Review study materials from Surgent Kolar & Gleim.
- Be a Campus Ambassador, a great way to learn leadership skills and meet people while
being the face of the FICPA (select campuses).
Complete the following web form to apply for membership. Or if you would prefer, you can view and print the application.